KIRK KLECKNER, CPA, MBA, ASA, is a Principal at ValuationUSA. Kirk was Founder and President of ValuationUSA, LLC which combined with Berning and Heidebrecht, Ltd. in September 2020. Kirk focuses his practice on the valuation of closely held businesses and intangible assets, implementation of business growth and profitability strategies, lost profit analysis, damage calculations, business succession planning and value enhancement consulting.
Kirk’s experience includes:
- Seven years as Chief Financial Officer for a well-respected, Top 50 U.S. dealership group known for its world class customer experiences and business processes
- Nineteen years with an accounting firm including roles as shareholder, Chief Operating Officer, and Director of Business Valuation and Litigation Support Services
- Consulting work for hundreds of companies in an array of industries including but not limited to: retail dealership, casualty insurance, distribution, manufacturing, construction, insurance, reinsurance, service, non-profit, bank, retail, tool and die, technology, trucking, and warehouse
Kirk is a CPA, MBA and has professional accreditations including:
- Accredited Senior Appraiser in Business Valuation (ASA) of the American Society of Appraisers
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Certified in Financial Forensics, AICPA (CFF)
Kirk’s expertise leverages both his professional and hands-on industry experience as a Chief Financial Officer for a $500 million dollar business. Kirk’s expertise and experience includes buying, selling, and integrating of businesses; managing businesses; succession planning; business and intangible asset valuation for strategic transactions; income, gift and estate tax; owner transactions; and litigation purposes.
Kirk is a qualified expert witness with experience in complex business litigation, economic damages calculations, business valuation, and intangible asset valuation. Recently, Kirk was a valuation expert in over $100 million dollar damage award class action cases — In re Volkswagen & Audi Warranty Extension Litigation (MDL 1790) and In re: Toyota Motor Corp. Unintended Acceleration Marketing, Sales Practices, and Products Liability Litigation (No. 8:10ML2151 JVS).