Larry Stirtz’s excellent background in tax is closely matched by his keen instincts and understanding of business issues. Larry has extensive experience in income and estate tax planning, working with high income individuals and closely-held companies. His experience with both tax and business issues has helped him advise clients on practical issues that make the companies more money from both an operations smart and tax smart position.
Larry is a CPA and MBT primarily practicing in the areas of:
- Acquisition and merger transactions
- Board development
- Business and owner succession planning
- Executive coaching
- Owner and high wealth tax planning
- Strategic risk management
Larry’s experience includes:
- Over forty years in public accounting
- Tax and consulting work for hundreds of companies in an array of industries including but not limited to: retail dealership, bank, casualty insurance, distribution, manufacturing, construction, insurance, reinsurance, service, non-profit, bank, retail, tool and die, technology, trucking and warehouse
- An accomplished speaker and author, Larry has presented on taxation and financial planning for American College, University of Minnesota, and Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants. Larry co-authored an article and paper on ownership succession, presented at the 43rd New York University Institute of Taxation. He has also written testimony on tax reform in connection with the Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants tax committees.
Larry was one of the founders of Stirtz Bernards Boyden Surdel & Larter, P.A. CPAs and has served as a board advisor to several Twin Cities businesses. He is a past chairman of the Camp Confidence Foundation and board member, Chair Nominating Committee, and Finance Committee member of the Minneapolis Children’s Foundation.